West Traverse Township Zoning

A zoning permit is required for any structure to be built and for most exterior modifications to existing structures.  A zoning permit must be obtained prior to starting any construction project.

Changes effective August 1, 2013:
For zoning permits for residential properties, please contact the Emmet County Office of Planning, Zoning, & Construction Resources at:
3434 Harbor Petoskey Road Suite E, Harbor Springs, MI 49740
Office phone:    (231) 348-1735
Fax:                     (231) 439-8933
E-mail:              pzcr@emmetcounty.org

For all other zoning matters, please contact Randy Frykberg, the Township Zoning Administrator effective October 1, 2016, at:
Office phone:    (231) 526-7361
E-mail:              zoning@westtraversetownship.com
Office hours:    Usually 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm  (Please call ahead)
                            Others, by appointment

Zoning Ordinance - Complete

The Zoning Ordinance is not searchable on the website.  To search the Ordinance, it is recommended that you save the complete Ordinance to your computer, open it with Adobe Reader, and search it using the "Advanced Search" provided by Adobe Reader under the "Edit" tab.

Emmet County Interactive Zoning Ordinance

Here's a copy of the new Emmet County Interactive Zoning Ordinance as of May 31, 2016.  It's the Township's goal to modify its Zoning Ordinance in a similar manner.