Strategic Initiatives have been established in broad areas to allow HARBOR, Inc. to serve as a forum for community projects that are initiated by Board members or other individuals/groups. These are the principal strategic goal areas established by the Board.
Strategic Initiatives include:
Recreation, Trails and Open Space
Each Strategic Initiative has a Purpose, Executive Actions and Intended Outcomes. The Executive Actions are those activities that will receive direct resources. The Intended Outcomes are those goals that HARBOR, Inc. actively dedicates Board and staff time to pursue. The process for these outcomes emphasizes cooperation, communication, education and discussion.
Facilitate Enhancement of Recreational, Trail and Open Space Assets
Purpose: To ensure long-term sustainability of recreation, trail, and open space assets for both quality of life and economic reasons.
• Pursue Trail and Trail Head Funding Programs
• Convene Open Space Committee
• Convene Umbrella System Committee
• Long-Term Sustainability of Recreation, Trails and Open Space Authority
• Public Purchase of Development Rights Program
• Transfer of Development Rights Program
Facilitate Evaluation of the Transportation Needs
Purpose: To develop trails & alternative transportation options to reduce vehicular traffic from roads.
• Convene Transportation Committee
• Pursue Trail, Trail Head and Park & Ride Funding
• Participate and Coordinate with County level initiatives.
• Participate and Coordinate with State improvement projects.
• Evaluate alternative transportation proposals.
• Funding for Trail, Trail Head and Park & Ride Areas
• Proposals for Alternative Transportation Options
Facilitate Targeted Housing Programs
Purpose: To increase awareness about issues and opportunities related to local housing.
• Work with a consultant to develop a computerized build-out study to monitor changes in zoning & development.
• Disseminate Green Building Industry information to the area.
• Pursue Green Building project.
• Convene School Committee on Housing Options
• Build Out Monitoring and Information Dissemination Program
• Permanent office space renovated according to Green Building standards
• Private Green Building Industry
• In-Town Housing Options for Families with Children
Develop Access to Knowledge Systems
Purpose: Enhance access to knowledge systems to ensure long-term economic vitality.
• Convene High Speed Internet Committee
• Continue to upgrade the community information website
• Access to High Speed Internet throughout the Service Area