City of Harbor Springs
Elected by the City’s voters, the five member City Council establishes laws and policy and appoints the boards and commissions that guide the City’s land use regulations, waterfront activities and downtown enhancement programs.
The City’s staff is responsible for administering the work of city government including your community water, sewer and electric utilities as well as maintaining the City’s streets, public spaces and law enforcement.
Portable Food Vendor Information and Survey
A Portable Food Vendor includes any non-motorized or motorized cart, trailer, truck, booth, stand or other temporary and movable location for the sale of prepared food and/or beverages intended for immediate consumption.
- Launch a survey in June to gauge public sentiment regarding portable vendors.
- Encourage dialogue and the building of relationships among concerned stakeholders.
- Implement pilot programs to determine how portable vendors may be integrated into the Harbor Springs area
- Implement a 6-month pilot project for portable vendors from June 2nd- December 2nd. Portable vendors would be required to provide specific and detailed requests for approval for a temporary permit (as variance to existing city code) to operate at pre-approved community events with support from event organizers/sponsors. If approved by City Council, the vendor will work with the City Manager on logistical details, safety practices, and compliance.
- Launch a post-pilot project opinion survey to measure success
Please review the following information to learn more.